JOB DESCRIPTION – Ecommerce Specialist, Toronto, Ontario
About this role …
Employment: Full-Time Permanent
Reports To: Online Growth Manager
Are you a skilled Ecommerce Specialist with an eye for design and a passion for delivering an exceptional online shopping experience?
Bring your web development and digital marketing skills to Umbra, one of the world’s leading houseware design companies, to help increase sales and deliver a world-class online shopping experience to our loyal customers!
What you’ll do …
What you’ll bring…
- Manage and oversee day-to-day tasks associated with the operation of Umbra.com
- Plan and execute web design and development projects to coincide with key marketing initiatives and shopping holidays
- Implement and utilize Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Google Shopping, Hotjar, and other 3rd party apps and plugins to improve customer experience and increase sales
- Create reporting dashboard to monitor and communicate KPIs to internal stakeholders
- Ensure content on Umbra.com is optimized, accurate and up to date
- Leverage SEO/SEM to increase visitor count to Umbra.com, while maintaining and growing our conversion rate
- Use email marketing to increase awareness of new products, improve conversion rates, lower cart abandonment rates, as well as driving more cross-sell/up-sell opportunities
- Optimize UX/UI by implementing best practices
What we offer …
- Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in web development, web design, SEO/SEM or a similar discipline
- Education: Post-secondary degree or equivalent in business, marketing, or web development
- Attitude: You have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and are adaptable to changing priorities. You have an appreciation for great design
- Speed & Organization Skills: You act quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a strong sense of urgency, are self-motivated, work effectively under pressure and prioritize to meet tight deadlines
- Detail Oriented: You take pride in your work and execute tasks with attention to every detail to ensure a great customer experience
- Team Player: Work across the organization to deliver a superior customer experience to Umbra.com visitors
- Consumer-Centric Mindset: You see things from the consumer’s prospective and intuitively understand what UX/UI changes will help improve conversions, increase sales and create a great user experience
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: You demonstrate a “no job is too small” mentality; you like to roll up your sleeves, jump in and get things done! You are goal-oriented and a high achiever. You appreciate the nuances of a private, non-corporate work environment
Umbra is a place where innovative minds thrive on its fast pace and make things happen. We value our unique work space, our global mindset and our distinct design-centric culture.
We offer all permanent full-time associates competitive base compensation and incentive plans, group benefit coverage and RSP matching programs, as well as more exciting things like continuous learning opportunities, a generous employee product discount, recognition galore, an on-site gourmet café to treat yourself, and full gym facilities to work it off after. Overall, a pretty great place to work!
How to apply …
If this grabs your attention, send your resume to email@example.com
, referencing “Ecommerce Specialist” in the subject line.
We are Umbra …
We share a vision of creating original, modern, casual and affordable design for every room in the home. We are a privately owned, Canadian company with over 35 years of industry experience. Led by one of our founders, our designs can be found in over 120 countries across five continents. Our global success is attributed to our entrepreneurial nature and a desire to push ourselves, and each other, beyond our limits.