JOB DESCRIPTION – Sales Manager, Regional and Independent Accounts, US
Employment: Full-Time Permanent
Reports To: Director of Sales, USA
About this role …
Are you a top sales performer looking to make an impact through strong leadership and team engagement?
Are you passionate about growing territory revenue by developing and managing strong customer relationships?
This career opportunity is a home-based role ideally suited to candidates in the Eastern and Central USA with travel up to 50% of the time within USA and to Global Headquarters in Toronto, Canada.
What you’ll do …
- Build a Winning Team: Develop talent and external distributers while leading an existing network of in-house sales representatives and sales agencies within assigned territory. Report sales results and on-going evolution of team during weekly one-on-one meetings. Develop and implement sales strategy and metrics for account call volume and frequency.
- Maintain Existing Customer Base: Meet and exceed monthly and annual sales targets by category within assigned territory. Maintain contact and develop business with existing customer base through a proactive, reliable and enjoyable business relationships. Drive brand sales through innovative sales and marketing techniques.
- Build New Business: Identify and initiate business with customers who meet Umbra’s distribution requirements for branding, design, revenue and assortment breadth.
- Promote Product: Display and promote the Umbra brand and product assortment within the assigned account portfolio with the objective of driving sales and building brand awareness.
- Provide Product Training: Support and excite the customer base with tailored, memorable and fun product knowledge enabling them to successfully retail Umbra product range.
Who you are …
- Cross-Functional Leader: You exhibit a desire for and experience with cross-functional leadership. You thrive on developing interdepartmental relationships and leading working groups.
- Business Expert: You take a “business first” approach and apply expertise within this context. You demonstrate assertiveness in pursuing open issues to closure. You provide input to create improved processes that increase efficiency and productivity.
- Relationship Builder: You encourage collaboration and are a team player who develops and maintains effective relationships with co-workers and customers alike.
- Entrepreneurial: You demonstrate a “no job is too small” mentality; you like to roll up your sleeves, jump in and get things done! You are goal-oriented and a high achiever. You appreciate the nuances of a private, non-corporate work environment.
- Highly Organized: You have excellent time management skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a strong sense of urgency. You are self-motivated and work effectively under pressure.
- Critical Thinker: You are a versatile thinker, applying practical judgment and objectivity to evaluate and determine a solution. You balance an analytical approach with a people-centric perspective when problem solving.
- Inspirational: You have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and are adaptable to changing priorities. You are confident and persuasive with unquestionable integrity and ability to influence and motivate others.
- Trendy: You have a passion and flare for design, fashion trends, colors and textures.
What you’ll bring …
• Post-secondary degree and/or diploma in Business Administration
• 5 to 10 years’ experience in sales, business development or a related environment in a leadership capacity managing multiple accounts. Experience with major North American CPG retailers is preferred
• Strong knowledge of MS Office applications including Excel, Power Point and reporting tools is required; SAP knowledge is an asset
• Must be comfortable working from home office using Company-supplied tools
• Available to travel 50% of the time with valid travel documentation and driver’s license and with access to a reliable vehicle
• Proficient at active listening with strong negotiation and account management skills
• Polished professional presentation and well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer …
Umbra is a place where innovative minds thrive on its fast pace and make things happen. We value our unique work space, our global mindset and our distinct design-centric culture.
We offer all permanent sales personnel competitive base compensation and incentive plans, group benefit coverage and 401k matching programs, as well as more exciting things like continuous learning and career growth opportunities, a generous employee product discount and recognition galore.
How to apply …
If this grabs your attention, send your resume to email@example.com, referencing “Sales Manager, Regional and Independent Accounts” in the subject line.
We are Umbra …
We share a vision of creating original, modern, casual and affordable design for every room in the home. We are a privately owned, Canadian company with over 35 years of industry experience. Led by one of our founders, our designs can be found in over 120 countries across five continents. Our global success is attributed to our entrepreneurial nature and a desire to push ourselves, and each other, beyond our limits.