JOB DESCRIPTION – General Accountant, Toronto, Ontario
About this role …
Employment: Full-Time Permanent
Reports To: Manager of Financial Reporting and Planning
Are you Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) candidate looking to advance your career in a global housewares design company?
If you are a dedicated and analytical professional with strong financial acumen who thrives on working in an entrepreneurial environment, this is the ideal role for you!
What you’ll do …
What you’ll bring…
- Prepare monthly reviews and analyses of financial results and necessary accruals and adjustments
- Analyze and reconcile financial data and account balances to ensure the integrity of financial information
- Prepare global financial statements, distribute departmental performance reports and perform other internal reporting requirements
- Provide monthly sales trending and margin analyses and determine reasons for variances
- Report global profitability on different levels including individual customers, distribution channels and product lines
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of company-wide budgets and forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit working papers
- Work on special projects to identify and achieve cost savings for different operational areas of the Company
What we offer …
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field of study required
- Working towards obtaining your Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA)
- 2 to 5 years’ financial or accounting experience (CPG and working for a privately-owned Company experience are preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills to assist with financial modelling required (SAP and BPC experience are an asset)
- Hard worker with strong financial acumen and proven data analysis skills
- Polished professional presentation with well-developed English oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and ability to apply knowledge on the job
- Strong work ethic and adaptable to changing priorities with a positive attitude
- Proven ability to independently resolve problems in a fast-paced environment within strict deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational abilities with well-developed time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent organization skills and a strong sense of urgency with high attention to detail
- Indisputable integrity as well as credibility and demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others
- Mature analytical and evidence-based decision-making style
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an appreciation for design, trends and housewares
Umbra is a place where innovative minds thrive on its fast pace and make things happen. We value our unique work space, our global mindset and our distinct design-centric culture.
We offer all permanent full-time associates competitive base compensation and incentive plans, group benefit coverage and RSP matching programs, as well as more exciting things like continuous learning opportunities, a generous employee product discount, recognition galore, an on-site gourmet café to treat yourself, and full gym facilities to work it off after. Overall, a pretty great place to work!
How to apply …
If this grabs your attention, send your resume to email@example.com
, referencing “General Accountant” in the subject line.
We are Umbra …
We share a vision of creating original, modern, casual and affordable design for every room in the home. We are a privately owned, Canadian company with over 35 years of industry experience. Led by one of our founders, our designs can be found in over 120 countries across five continents. Our global success is attributed to our entrepreneurial nature and a desire to push ourselves, and each other, beyond our limits.