JOB DESCRIPTION – Ecommerce Data Analyst; Toronto, Ontario
Employment: Full Time
Reports to: Online Growth Manager
Salary: Competitive Compensation/Benefits
About this role …
Are you a data enthusiast who thrives on finding intelligent and actionable insights to drive online sales?
Looking to partner cross-functionally to solve problems in an entrepreneurial environment?
What you’ll do …
- Apply analytics and data mining expertise to help the Ecommerce Team make data driven decisions relating to ad spend, inventory management, product development, sales and marketing
- Analyze and optimize PPC ad spend on Amazon, Facebook, Google and other platforms to maximize ROAS and achieve growth objectives
- Mine, organize and analyze web behavior and social media data to provide reporting, actionable intelligence, and strategic insights relating to segmentation and targeting
- Create and manage key data pipelines to ingest, clean, aggregate, and integrate data from various sources
- Work cross-functionally to explore and propose solutions to business problems using insights from data and algorithms
- Conduct ad hoc data analyses, produce reports and present insights using visualization software as needed
What you’ll bring …
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Education: Post-secondary degree or equivalent in Arts or Science, with an emphasis on Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or an analysis-driven disciplinechnical Skills: Advanced MS Excel or Google Sheets (VBA, Macro) skills plus relevant scripting, querying, statistical and programming languages such as Python, SQL, R, Java and/or C++. Expert in visualization software (e.g. Google Data Studio, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, etc.). Strong proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and knowledge of digital marketing (SEM, SEO, social analytics), PPC advertising (AMS, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.); applied machine learning and AI techniques are an asset.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to organize and present data in an impactful and coherent way.
- Attitude: You have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and are adaptable to changing priorities. You have a neutral, unbiased view of data and objectively offer guidance with context. You have the willingness to learn, share and collaborate as a team.
- Speed and Organization Skills: You act quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a strong sense of urgency, are self-motivated, work effectively under pressure and prioritize to meet tight deadlines.
- Problem Solving Skills: You are a critical thinker with an innate ability to understand and interpret data. You enjoy complex business challenges and have a demonstrated ability to solve hard mathematical, algorithmic, and statistical problems. You dig deep to find insights and opportunities.
- Detail Oriented: You exhibit great attention to detail with an eye for subtleties in complex systems.
- Passion: You have a passion for analytics and are driven to learn, research and improve your analytics skillset.
What we offer …
Umbra is a place where innovative minds thrive on its fast pace and make things happen. We value our unique work space, our global mindset and our distinct design-centric culture.
We offer all permanent full-time associates competitive base compensation and incentive plans, group benefit coverage and RSP matching programs, as well as more exciting things like continuous learning opportunities, a generous employee product discount, recognition galore, an on-site gourmet café to treat yourself, and full gym facilities to work it off after. Overall, a pretty great place to work!
How to apply …
If this grabs your attention, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Ecommerce Data Analyst” in the subject line.
We are Umbra …
We share a vision of creating original, modern, casual and affordable design for every room in the home. Led by one of our founders, Umbra is a privately owned, Canadian company with over 35 years of industry experience. Our designs can be found in over 120 countries across five continents. Our global success is attributed to our entrepreneurial nature and a desire to push ourselves, and each other, beyond our limits.